Auto Accident Victims Need Experienced Legal Help
Orlando auto accident attorneys at Hogan Frick Law represent the legal rights and goals of injured victims of an auto accident. When people are involved in a car accident, they may be subjected to various degrees of injuries and/or property damage. Depending upon the nature of the injuries sustained, auto accident victims must often endure costly medical treatments including, but not limited to, emergency room treatment, surgery, physical therapy, or physical rehabilitation care (short or long term).
Additionally, the auto accident victim also commonly loses essential wages due to time missed from work, and is left needing to repair a damaged automobile. All of these issues can be devastating financially, causing problems paying bills and limiting your means of transportation.
Frequency of Car Accidents, Injuries, and Fatalities
Driving is by far, for most of us, the most dangerous activity that we partake in on a normal basis. There are over 2.3 million people each year who seek medical attention in an emergency department due to injuries sustained in auto crashes. An additional 30,000 to 35,000 die every year. Cars have definitely gotten safer over the decades. Crumple zones lessen the impact of severe crashes, seat belt technology saves millions of lives every year, and front and side airbags protect against traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and facial trauma. However, with so many people taking to the roads and the population constantly growing, driving is far from safe. If you have been involved in a car crash and have sustained an injury, contact one of our experienced Orlando car accident attorneys today for a free consultation.
In Florida, Both Parties Involved in an Auto Crash May Be Deemed Negligent
The most important step to take following a car accident is to prove that the party responsible for the crash is indeed negligent. Proving negligence is often one of the more difficult steps as well. Florida law states that in any accident, there may be multiple parties at fault. If both parties are partially to blame, that affects how much the injured victim will be able to collect. For example, if one party was speeding excessively and the other party made a lane change without a turn signal, the speeding driver may be found 90 percent at fault while the other party only found 10 percent negligent. This means that the amount the party who did not use the proper signals while turning receives will only be 90 percent of what their damages are deemed worth.
Take Action After Your Auto Accident
To prove negligence and your own innocence following a car crash, you must take action to gather evidence quickly. Your first step, assuming you do not need immediate transportation to a hospital, is to call and talk to the police. Ensure that a report is made and that your account of the accident is entered into their official accident report. It is also important to gather witness testimony and contact information from anyone who saw the accident and stopped. The police should interview them too, but never rely solely on the police to do this. Gather their statements yourself to be safe and for use at a later time. You can also gather statements from potential witnesses days later if you find out that someone saw something yet did not stop, but you were able to track them down
Florida Law Allows Auto Accident Victims To Seek Damages
Under Florida law, when a car accident victim is injured and/or has property damage as a direct result of someoneâ€™s recklessness, carelessness, or negligence, he or she may have a legal right and the ability to seek compensation for economic compensatory damages, non-economic compensatory damages, and/or damages for pain and suffering.
While an car accident is often referred to by various other terms such as an automobile accident, auto accident, or motor vehicle accident, this area of law falls under the personal injury statutes of Florida law. Contact our Orlando car accident attorneys for more information.
Compensation For The Injured
Depending upon the circumstances of the auto accident or incident, the severity of the injuries, and other factors, an auto accident personal injury victim may be able to seek compensation for:
Here at Hogan Frick our Orlando auto accident attorneys are here to help anyone seeking compensation from an auto accident, please call out office for further assistance.